• Must be at least 16 years of age (minimum 18 years of age for licensed programs).
• Interest in working with children and youth, exercising sound emotional maturity, moral character, judgement, integrity and leadership capability.
• Ability to adapt to changing needs and circumstances.
• Safety certifications and required trainings upon hire in accordance with required standards.
• Desire to learn and apply experiences as necessary.
• Strong interpersonal skills to be able to communicate in a positive manner with member, participants and staff.
• Experience and training related to youth development programs.
• Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
• Must be able to lift and/or assist children up to 50 pounds in weight.
• Must be able to lift and carry supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
• Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
• Requires bending, pulling, crouching, leaning, kneeling, and walking, pushing, climbing, and jumping.
• Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in such a way as to be easily understood by children, staff and parents.
• Visual and auditory ability to supervise and respond to critical situations with children.
• Must be able to move freely and quickly through the facility and alternate program locations including outdoors and field trips.