The VP of Information Technology position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and serves on the executive team. This position will primarily have day-to-day responsibility to plan, implement, manage, and control all technology-related activities for EnergyUnited. The VP OF Information Technology directly assists the COO on all strategic and tactical matters to achieve EnergyUnited’s business and financial objectives. This position supervises the Manager of Applications Systems and the Manager of Infrastructure and System Security.
Key Accountabilities & Duties: Broad Scope
• The VP of information Technology provides leadership for all technology-related issues and ensures the culture set forth by EnergyUnited’s executive team is communicated and successfully executed. Plans, develops and implements sound programs, budgets and practices in the Information Technology Department and provide reports and information regarding progress and development so that the Management Team may effectively evaluate results.
• Will align with EnergyUnited’s strategic goal to advance a cybersecure communications & technology foundation which includes a transition to cloud computing and enhanced automation control for a smarter grid.
• Establishes standards for hardware and software to ensure quality, functionality, connectivity, and compatibility through the use of computer hardware and software to conduct Cooperative services.
• Sets policies and procedures to ensure privacy and security of customer information, Cooperative data and systems.
• Provides assistance to others so that they may effectively carry out their assigned responsibilities.
• Effectively directs priorities, work requests, human and material resources allocations in the Information Technology Department to achieve desired result.
• Develops and implements organizational policies and procedures regarding appropriate usage of technology within the organization.
• Provides direct oversight and direction for mission critical technology initiatives.
• Negotiates and reviews complex proposals and contracts for purchase of IT products and services. Develops partnership agreements.
• Work closely within areas of responsibility to achieve the most effective electrical system to meet Cooperative objectives.
• Evaluates reports, which reflect on the effectiveness and efficiency of the electrical system and instigates corrective action within appropriate areas.
• Develops a team relationship with other members of the Management Team to ensure positive growth of the organization and maintains a working environment conducive to positive morale, individual style, quality, and creativity.
• Coordinates with the Management Team to address problems and capitalize upon opportunities as they arise.
• Initiates and develops internal and external partnerships to leverage the Cooperative’s technology investments.
• Represents the Cooperative, when requested, in various civic and community undertakings.
• Develop annual departmental work plans and budgets.
• Available for overtime during emergency situations.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining an Information Systems strategic plan that supports the goals and objectives of the Cooperative, taking into consideration reliability, cost and best Information Technology practices.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of industry changes as related to information technology processes and policies, telecommunications and e-commerce and recommend improvements or enhancements to meet corporate needs.
• Develop and maintain an up to date Technology Plan and other strategic initiatives to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of Information Technology systems.
• Serve as the executive liaison to NISC, Sensus, CISCO, AT&T, Verizon, SecureWorks, Contextual Security, GPSInsight, ARCOS, SHI and vendors which provide hardware, software or services to support the Cooperative.
• Responsible for reviewing and/or developing specifications, requesting and analyzing bids and recommends the award of contracts for information technology, services, hardware, software and IT related communications needs. Develops partnership agreements.
• Responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures for proper data integrity and security administration for network resources.
• Oversees the management of all areas of Information Technology including Application Systems and Infrastructure and System Security. These management responsibilities include providing direction and leadership in identifying projects, conducting feasibility/needs analysis studies, and providing recommendations on appropriate network hardware, security systems and communications infrastructure. Additionally, includes overseeing compass installation, management and back-up of the Local and Wide Area Networks, management of all software and applications programs used at the Cooperative, connectivity to the intranet and the internet, fiber network, and telecommunication systems and are accomplished through development and use of operational metrics, setting performance goals and directions, establishing an efficient organization with sufficient management, and ensuring proper staffing levels, proficiencies and training.
• Facilitate the expansion of Operating Technology (OT) to enhance grid automation for safety and improved reliability as well as to transform data patterns into useful mobile operating maps.
EDUCATION – Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems or other related field required. Certification as MCP, CNE or MCSE is highly desirable. Work experience may be considered for a portion of education requirements.
EXPERIENCE – Training and experience in computer operations, computer programming and system design is required. Minimum of ten (10) years experience in the Information Technology area is required. Experience in organizational and administration management is highly desirable. Experience in a team based environment highly desirable.
KNOWLEDGE – Must possess knowledge of human relations, motivational skills, communication skills, and skilled in the areas of planning and controlling. Must be able to accept change as procedures and practices change. Must be willing and able to be actively involved in community on behalf of the Cooperative.
ATTITUDE – Must have a positive, open mind and considerate attitude toward the responsibilities of the position. Must be a self-starter. Must have an attitude of neatness, timeliness, orderliness and accuracy toward the job. Must possess a very conscientious attitude toward record keeping.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS – Must be of high moral integrity, pleasing personality and possess good personal habits. Must be able to retain information of a confidential nature. Must be able to project a good public image. Must be able to function cooperatively with peers as a team member to meet departmental and system objectives.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS – Must have ability to implement work plans, make sound decisions from observations and carry out instructions. Must possess superior mathematical abilities. Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines; as well as, work in harmony with many different personality types. Must be able to work with very little supervision and be proactive in responsibilities. Must possess a strong ability to communicate in both verbal and written form.
WORKING CONDITIONS - Normal working conditions and hours of 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Some irregular working hours may be required. Must be available for work during adverse weather conditions. The responsibilities of the position will require travel in all areas of the system.
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS – All employees assigned to a Non-Direct Operational position in headquarters or in a district or regional office must make their domicile within one of the nineteen counties served by the Cooperative or within a 40 (forty) road mile radius to any EnergyUnited EMC office.
*EnergyUnited Electric Membership Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. *